Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Warnings: Check autogear box & Check anti-pollution system.

Warnings: Check autogear box & Check anti-pollution system. Please explain
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello to get both of these messages I'd 1st check the transmission oil level is up to the mark / running out of the fill plug on the side as for the anti-pollution fault then I'd assume with the DPF or FAP system In the exhaust is a soot filter known to Renault as a FAP (DPF to everyone else). It runs very hot to burn some of the soot off every few thousand miles. It uses an additive is called Eolys and is stored next to the diesel tank with a computer controlled dosing mechanism.+If you don't drive it long enough, fast enough; then the regeneration process won't commence and the filter will block. Take it for a 40 minute blast down a empty dual carriageway; As you need to maintain above 50mph for around six minutes - that will start the process. Alternatively; take it to your dealer or Peugeot specialist for a forced regeneration. If it's done more than 50,000 they will probably just fit a new FAP and top up the additive. this will cost £6-800.