Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Fuel filter light remains on. How do I get at and clear the

Fuel filter light remains on. How do I get at and clear the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'm assuming that this is the diesel engine? in which case the diesel fuel filter will need replacing and the water draining out from the trapFirst search for the fuel filter on the left hand side of the engine bay.You should find it with a number of fuel lines attached, maybe four.When you feel underneath on the bottom of that housing you should feel a knob, which can be unscrewed. Depending on the engine type (2.2l?) there could be sensor leads attached, which you can detach with it's link connector.When unscrewed there could/should be water with maybe a bit of diesel leaking out. When it stops you can put the knob back on and reattach the connector. After this the indicator light should stay out