Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

I am losing hydraulic clutch pressure on my 06 coupe

I am losing hydraulic clutch pressure on my 06 coupe GT 4200
Slave , master or something else
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
If you are losing fluid from the system then check at the slave cylinder boot for wet liquid areas . if clean then check the master cylinder .
The only common place for the leak is the master cylinder or the slave cylinder
unless the lines have been damaged somehow, but very rare unless the vehicle was in an accent in the past.
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
GregThats a generic answerAre you a Maserati experienced tech because I think you would not see a leak from the outsideIs there a switch in the line and how accessible is the slave cylinder
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.
Hi .
Generic yes as all the clutch single plate system like you got are just the same as any other clutched car .
Only on yours you have a centric slave cylinder so to check for leaks on this check the bottom of the bellhousing for brake fluid as the slave cylinder in inside the ballhousing Thrust bearing and slave cylinder one unit ..
No switch in the line slave cylinder you have to remove the transmission to replace
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's not good news are you sureAccording to the schematic the slave is secured by circlips
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.
Hi . Yes its in the transmission . As shown in the diagram ,and a photo of the actual part slave with release bearing Rgds Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech