Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Have a suzuki grand vitara v6 year 2000 and its not starting

hi have a suzuki grand vitara v6 year 2000 and its not starting no engine check light and there is no reading from the ecu when i plug my diagnostic into it .what could cause this proplem thanks you
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
No Start and no communication with the ECM is normally a good sign of a bad crank shaft sensor or a bad ECM .
Disconnect the crank shaft sensor disconnect the battery after 5 minutes reconnect battery and check for communication .
Have Comms replace the crankshaft sensor and start engine .
No comms send out the ECM to be checked ,repair or replace .
If it can be repaired this is the best option as reprogramming will not be needed.
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.