Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

There, we are thinking of buying a Citroen C Picasso

Hello there, we are thinking of buying a Citroen C Picasso and saw the car tax has quite a range - could you tell me the difference between a 1.6 HDi 8v VTR 5dr and 1.6 HDi 8v VT 5dr? thank you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi.there
Which C citroen are they? ie: C4 / C3 etc?
What years roughly are both or do you have the registration numbers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not have any reg numbers, I just wanted to know what the difference the VTR and the VT meant?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are looking at the C3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
Ok..no problem - well VT or VTR+ etc is all based on Trim level really - of course the VT will be the standard basic trim/options entry level where as the VTR will have more added options over the basic level like for example air-conditioning/climate control or traction control - the car tax bands will depend on emmissions output g/km and that can only be gone by year of the car and emmissions reduction system on the car..not by engine size anymore for cars beyond 2001 - so the 1.6hdi being an 8v should be fairly cheap of course on fuel usage and on the tax band - of course there are 1.4hdi's which will be alot more cheaper to run - so as to your question its basically a differance of added options with regards ***** ***** level...I do hope this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Robert. Happy New Year to you. Suzanne
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi.. No problem Suzanne..but should you need to ask anything further or need advice as such in the near future then just ask anytime.and i'll be happy to help..And a happy new to you too! :)