Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

Fiat(###) ###-####water in passengers back seat footwell.

Customer Question

fiat(###) ###-####water in passengers back seat footwell. door and window seals have been checked by dealer he said they are OK how is it then that I get water in the back drivers side footwell
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.
Hello If the car has AC then this could be the AC drain pipe thats come adrift or is clogged under the car and backing up the system. To get to the pipe you access it from under the car Also worth checking that the door seals don't have any rips or tears and that they're touching all round the door - best way to confirm this is to rub some vaseline into the seal and close the door then when you re-open it check that the grease line is all the way round and check where theres any gaps - as this indicates the seal isn't touching also check that the sunroof drains are free and clear and these should vent out under the car and can become silted up and rust though due to the trapped water - If you look in the corners of the sunroof well in the roof you should spot a small hole / channel which is the entrance to the drain and I'd also remove the pollen filter and check inside its chamber for any signs of water as these shoud have a drain for water to escape and they can clog up