Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have changed the clutch on my 2003 sprint shift (semi automatic)

I have changed the clutch on my 2003 sprint shift (semi automatic) sprinter. I am getting some juddering when trying to pull away slowly, otherwise all is working normally. We have tried to bleed the clutch control unit but suspect that there is a sequence for bleeding which we are not following - can you help.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.This sounds like the clutch control unit requires calibrating. When a new clutch is fitted the transmission control unit will need to re-learn the clutch bite points. This is done by using a dealer level diagnostic system which can carry out this procedure. If the clutch has not been calibrated, it will either slip, give a harsh thud, or judder and as this only happens when pulling away slowly it sounds like everything else is all working well.Of course a main dealer will be able to do this but will charge around £100, however many independent garages will also carry the hardware/software to carry out this procedure and is often considerably cheaper so I recommend a few phone calls to local workshops to see if they can do it. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions, if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a positive rating, thanks, Ross.