Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Kangoo head gasket changed now blowing white smoke on fast

Kangoo head gasket changed now blowing white smoke on fast idle and misfiring
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello to get white smoke (and I'm assuming that this is the diesel) then this will be un-burnt fuel so I 'd start by doing a compression test across all cylinders as they should all be within 10-15 psi of each other if this is OK then I'd suspect that you may have a loose hose clip or burst pipe on the high pressure pipework after the turbo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it's a 1.5 diesel, van was very difficult to start at first, would run for a few seconds then shut down, if the injectors have been disconnected do they need recoding
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if the injectors haven't been mixed up from cylinder to cylinder then you don't need to re-code anything even if its been disconnected try the compression test as the next step
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never had this problem before it was changed, the only problem it had was pressure getting into the coolant
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so its possible that the new gasket still has some issues and the joint may not be sealing still So I'd push on and measure the compression pressures