Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

There, I have bought a toyoto prius 247000 miles. ( I know

Customer Question

Hi there, I have bought a toyoto prius 247000 miles. ( I know very high). I knowingly bought it and I was told that on close to and full wheel locks it makes a ratelling or knocking sound.
This is true? Could some one let me know what the problem might be? Thanks in advance.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
Could well be an outer cv joint on the driveshaft maybe..or excessive wear on the suspension either way its hard to determine over the web without hearing it..id say ideally those would be the checks as above mentioned that would be the first port of call with the type of noise you describe..being high mileage its fairly possible that you might have wear on the driveshafts..best to get them check for wear or on a 2 post lift..put the car in drive and then the mechanics can listen from underneath whislt someone in the car operates the steering lock to lock..that might help pin point it a little better..i do hope this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that helps thanks.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
No Problem glad to be of help..
Please be reminded to leave a "rating" on the answer above before you leave..most appreciated