Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I am thinking of buying a 2006 mazda rx8 in the uk with full

i am thinking of buying a 2006 mazda rx8 in the uk with full service history an 18000 miles but i am unable to find out how much vrt it woul cost to take over to ireland.van u help i also need to know emissions. patrick
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Patrick,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello unfortunately the RX8 was removed from the VRT calculator, can only get the VRT quote until you bring the car to a VRT centre, who will then contact Revenue for the quote. And you won't be able to do that until AFTER you buy the car. Obviously this isn't very helpful to you but if you bring along adverts for similar cars to prove what its worth and be prepared to fight your corner as I've seen reports of up to £6,000 and as low as £1200 all depending on the value of the car the Co2 emissions for the 231Ps model is 284 g/km and the 192Ps model 267g/km
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years