Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

I have a fiat ducato motor home and the engine has

Customer Question

Hi I have a fiat ducato motor home and the engine has blown ,my motor home is on a 1988 body it has a 2.5 diesel direct injection the sofim 8144 can I fit a 2015 ducatoturbo Diesel engine in my motor home without having to change anything major.
Yours Geoff Mullen .
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
Hello Geoff,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello Geoff,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
H Geoff .
It would turn out to expensive to do this swap as the 2015 is common rail injection .
Meaning fuel tank swap , engine mounts and position of drive line is completely different, so you would need to replace the transmission and anchor points ,
ECM and complete wiring harness BCM and immobilizer system.
Dash instrument cluster etc etc.
You would need a complete Accident vehicle to be able to do this a little cheaper .
This could be done but as said a donor vehicle and a lot of fabrication work ..
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.
IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more",
please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Kind regards Greg.