Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

After 12 months my emobilizer does not accept my key anymore

after 12 months my emobilizer does not accept my key anymore this is on a vauxhall zafera 2002 1600 club
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi .
Sadly this is a very annoying problem that you have , if the car will not start with the keys and the immo light stays on and you have a immo codes then the system is not recognizing your keys .
The key can lose its transmitting signal ,
First try your spare chip key ,if this also does not work then your problem is with the cars immobilizer system that has lost the signal
you will have to have the keys reprogrammed .
For this you need a dealer level key programming scan tool .
two options have the car sent to the dealer (expensive) or have a mobile keysmith come round to your location and test and reprogram your keys ,make sure you have all keys as this has to be done all together .
If you don't have a spare make sure you tell him to bring a few with him so you have one .
Here is a keysmith locator site for you to call out one of the tech's to come round and assist you.
Copy and paste this link in your browser .
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.
IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more",
please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Kind regards Greg.
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech