Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Ssangyong Rexton 2.7xdi 2007, switches to*****but

Customer Question

Ssangyong Rexton 2.7xdi 2007, switches to*****but front wheels will not engage
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello if you're confident that the front wheels aren't getting any power then then issue is likely to be with the centre differential thats on the back of the transmissionSo I'd 1st check the connections to the unit and check the wiring for damage, disconnect each in turn and spray with contact cleaner on both sides
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Matt, I have cleaned and checked the connections and all seems fine. It seems that the front shafts to the wheels are turning but the front wheels are not engaging. Is there some sort of gear mechanism in the hub of the wheel itself!
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello there's no gear mechanism in the hubsFor the shaft to be turning and the wheels not then I'd say that the driveshaft CV joint is brokenso I'd suggest removing the shaft and checking it over for damage