Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

How do I program an ignition key Mondeo mk1 2000

How do I program an ignition key for ford Mondeo mk1 2000
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you Ok how many keys do you have 2 previously programmed and 1 new key Do you wish to programme a key to start the vehicle or the central locking Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both
Hi there good morning to you
Ok how many keys do you have that are already coded to the vehicle
Do you have a red master key
Is it a 2 button square key fob you are trying to programme to start the vehicle
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 coded keys,no red master key,normal key with 3 buttons(open,lock,boot)one of the keys has a red insert in the top,the other is all black.The new key has 3 buttons,works the doors,wont start the engine.Reg is W981PMA,2000 Mondeo estate.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok this is s procedure that can be used when you already gavev2 programmed keys (which start the car ) and wish to add a 3rd key
Follow this procedure to code the ignition key to start the vehicle
1- Insert the first programmed key into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the lock cylinder from the OFF position to the RUN position (maintain ignition lock cylinder in the RUN position for one second).
2- Turn ignition lock cylinder to the OFF position and remove the first key from the ignition lock cylinder.
3- Within five seconds of turning the ignition lock cylinder to the OFF position, insert the second programmed ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the ignition lock from the OFF position to the RUN position (maintain the ignition lock cylinder in the RUN position for one second)
4- Turn the ignition lock cylinder to the OFF position and remove the second key from the lock cylinder.
5- Within ten seconds of turning the ignition lock cylinder to the OFF position, insert the unprogrammed ignition key (new key) into the lock cylinder and turn the lock cylinder from the OFF position to the ignition on
6- check The programmed key starts the engine. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position for five seconds then try to start vehicle with the new programmed key
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any postive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated
Brian