Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Just bought a 1999 Rover 600 SLI auto with electrical headlight

Customer Question

Just bought a 1999 Rover 600 SLI auto with electrical headlight adjustment .
on first use in the dark noticed that the offside headlight was badly out of alignment (pointing much too far to the left, and the dashboard adjustment not working on the offside although fine on the near side.
Your advices please
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd 1st suggest removing the bulb from the back of the light unit and check that its fitted the correct way round and the locating tab is in the correct place also check that the headllight is mounted square and true as it doesn't take much to set it on the skew
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you