Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have seen reviews of the Octavia 1.6TDI that say

I have seen reviews of the Octavia 1.6TDI that say it is bad to drive and takes time to respond when pulling off from stationary which can cause problems at junctions. I am loo King to buy a 2014 model.
It has 18000 miles on it. Should I be concerned about these reports?
Ronan.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello the 1.6TDI engine can suffer a bit from turbo lag on the earlier models but this was resolved from about 2011 onwardsand yes the octavia can roll a lot as its suspension settings are more comfort based so its not as agile as the Audi A4 with which it shares a lot of parts with now these things are pretty subjective so rather than take an online review's word for it I'd strongly suggest taking a test drive in a couple of examples so you can make up your own mind
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt,
Thanks for response. I have test driven the Octavia 1.6tdi that I am thinking of buying and it doesn't lag when pulling off.In fact it drives really well.
Was the lagging problem a software issue rather than a gearbox issue? Could my Octavia develop this lagging problem?
It has 20000 miles on it.
Ronan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hellothe lag problem was solved with a combination of calibration and a revised turbo parts if you're happy with the car then go for it as there are very few inherent issues with these
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that Matt.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
no problemBear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you