Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Honda cr-vex-ctdi 2204 diesel crv. Keep getting PGM-F1 Fault coming on but do

Customer Question

Hi i have a Honda cr-vex-ctdi 2204 diesel crv.
Keep getting PGM-F1 Fault coming on but does clear once engine is switched off and on again.
Have read up about the fault that it can be over come bye checking main relay and replace or solder the may be cracked joint.
Can not find report of location in my car to look into this further.
My reg is as follows MV57 FRO.
Have rang my local Honda dealers spares and all i get is will get back to you.
If possible were can i obtain a photo of this location please. and method of change. Also Picture of the main relay for my car year.
Hope to hear from you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello the engine control relay / s is located at the end of the dasdh, tucked away under the trim panel see the attached image
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again i take it that its the red dot located on passenger side for the main pgm-f1 , if so as i asked is there a picture of the item for my year and method of procedure.
Than you.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello yes the red dot is the location of the relay , my information shows that there are 2 relays here they shoudl just plug into a socket so ensure the igniton is off an pull them out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will check and reply .
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
understood just get back to me on this post
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hank you for your reply .
will be looking into this in next few days.Have spoke to my Honda deal for price or part number for this item.No reply back as yet .
it would be a waste of time looking and not the correct part for a refit.Thanh you
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
understood
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not sorted part from Honda dealer.
Have part answer to question so therefore must rate on this to allow you to collect your payment and to say thank you.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
understood and thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt a long time since we last text each other . still no joy from Honda.
Have had now 3 Engine Mechanics look into this fault but no joy as yet Unable to trace any item relating to the item in the area you pointed out . Is there any other direction i can look into please. Hope to hear back and thank you .
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello OK if you can't locate the ECU relay can you find the ECU fuse ? and then measure for 12V on that fuse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt thank you for the help.
Have had time this weekend to look into the fault more closely.
Has i had previous thought with having the pgm-f1 fault on that covers your fuel line i had low/lack of fuel which indicates ? possible a main relay fault.
Had taken the car to a auto fault garage but to no avail did thy solve the problem.
Started back to basic fault finding fuel line.
Remove fuel pump from tank and found suction filter partially blocked. Cleaned this and refitted but to my amazement found in the tank a cloth wipe wrapped up on suction side of pump .
Never been in tank for any reason having had this car from 2 years old.
Rebuilt and tested OK. Have taken photo of the offending wipe.
Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hellowell done for solving it thats not one I've heard of before