Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2007 Land Rover LR3 4.4 liter V8 with cruise

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Land Rover LR3 4.4 liter V8 with cruise control problems. It does not hold the setting and turns itself off. I wonder if it is a common probelm with a cracked vacuum hose and where I should look.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
the engine on this one uses an electronic throttle so there's no vacuum actuator to look for, its all self contained
I'd suggest removing the air intake so you can see the throttle blade and with the ignition on and the engine off have your assistant slowly push down on the throttle pedal whilst you watch the throttle
it should open smoothly and slowly with no sudden jerks or steps
if it does do this then check over the wiring for damage or corroded connections and if OK consider replacing the throttle body
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you