Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Navaro starts from cold every time, but stalls after

Hi my Navaro starts from cold every time, but stalls after few seconds, and will not re-start. Feels as though it has just been turned off. About 1 in 3 times. Tried different amounts of throttle. Fine once warm. Any suggestions? David.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would very much like to hear from someone who knows about these cars, please. It may be a common condition.
Thanks David.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello this could be incorrect fuelling due to a faulty water temp sensor. If this is the problem then the ECU will be leaving the car constantly ' on choke' and not reducing the fuelling as the engine warms - so unplug the sensor and clean the contacts on both sides with some switch / electrical cleaner (not WD40) and inspect the wiring for any signs of damage to the insulation especially where it runs over other components and through the bulkhead- if this doesn't help consider replacing the sensor as they're not expensive
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years