Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

If i am fitting a replacement engine to my maxus will i need

If i am fitting a replacement engine to my maxus will i need to use crank reluctor ring from old unit or will crank sensor still work properly
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello A crank reluctor ring needs to be fittedits not coded or matched to the sensor so if there's one already fitted then there's no need to match it to the original sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just curious because 2 years ago i replaced an engine on a Nissan almera tino with a unit same years same spec but it wouldnt start. Changed cam and crank sensors. Still nothing.
Had a brainwave and put reluctor ring from original unit in place of ring on replacement unit and it started straight away. When i matched the two rongs together there was a difference in spacing of "teeth"
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I see your point but there's no difference in the reluctor ring as its the type that has no teeth but a series of embedded magnets to generate the signal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you