Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My side airbag has deployed and been cut out and not replaced

Customer Question

My side airbag has deployed and been cut out and not replaced before I bought the skoda rapid
14 plate. The air bag error light came on three months after I got car and then we found the cut out air bag then. Nothing on hpi check. Can't see any paintwork done. Garage said no parts have ever been ordered from vw. Any ideas what happened
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. Side airbags would only deploy with the rest if in event of accident.side impact or roll over..obviously if this isnt the case here after doing HPI checks incase the car has been in accident and repaired.maybe insurance might dig that up - then maybe it might be noted under repair history id imagine if for what reason that has been removed..then there must be some sort of notes somewhere..its difficult to say exactly why otherwise but its either likely its been faulty or throwing a fault code related to that side airbag/wiring and never replaced or bypassed which is very strange for a main dealer to do.in any event the options really at this point is to get it replaced and the system reset..