Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Robert, my 2007 1.8 petrol zafira starts to splutter and

Hi Robert, my 2007 1.8 petrol zafira starts to splutter and feels like it's braking. This doesn't seem to happen until the engine has warmed up. The car slowly loses power and engine management light comes on. The car does not come to a complete stop but struggles and engine seems to be struggling. When diagnostics was run cylinder 1 & 2 flashed up, replaced plugs, coil pack and flushed engine and replaced oil and filter. The garage seems baffled by this and have handed car back. Mechanic told me to try replacing air mask flow sensor and EGR valve. What's your opinion? Thanks
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No never got a answer
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'm assuming that your fault codes were about misfires on cylinders 1 & 2 so as you've replaced coils, & plugs I'd next check over the injector wiring for corroded joints and damaged hard sections of wiring ideally use a 'noid light' to check that the injector pulse is getting through to the injector plug if this is OK I'd consider replacing the cam sensor as this orders the injection timing and synchronises the ignition
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years