Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Have a 1983 928s which I've just rebuilt the engine which was

have a 1983 928s which I've just rebuilt the engine which was running ok but a bit smoky I have been told it could be glazing of piston liners. but I turned off engine but now it will not start, have checked spark,fuel,and timing which are all ok the engine will just turn over and not fire up at all.
Vincent
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Vincent I'd suggest doing a compression test as the next step this needs to be done across all cylinders as they should all be within 10-15 psi of each other this will show if its sealing Ok and also if the cam timing is right
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but car was running ok a part from the smoke which am think is due to car not been run under load it was turned off for about 5/10 min but would not restart again.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello in that case I'd pull all the plugs as its possible they are oil contaminatedI'd also do some quick checks that the engine earths are all tight and clean and that the fuel pump is running and the injectors are firing , if the injectors are working you can hear them click - its difficult to hear them with background noise so use a long screwdriver like a stethoscope, placing the handle end in your ear and the metal tip against the body of the injector whilst your assistant turns the engine over.