Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Could you tell me the 03 skoda octavia 1.6i timing belt

Hi could you tell me the 03 skoda octavia 1.6i timing belt tension setting please
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello this image shows the timing belt fitting and tensioning procedure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi mat it is not the same engine as the water pump is on the wrong side my engine no bfq081987
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello Ok try this
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi matt sorry for taking so long only got to do it yesterday.when I started I heard the belt is singing,drives ok thou drove it today all day no prob just don't think it should be singing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you tell me if its something to wory about
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if the belt is humming / singing then often its just a stiff / new belt bedding in what can help with this is a squirt of silicone lubricant onto the belt while the engine is idling if it persists after 100 mile or so then double check all the pullies are lined up square and true