Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I'm thinking of fitting a vortech supercharger to my 2004 Nissan

I'm thinking of fitting a vortech supercharger to my 2004 Nissan 350z,is this a job for a specialist garage and if so do u no any garages that can fit a supercharger in the Kent area ,or could I fit it myself.
Kind regards Geoff.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello any of the supercharger kits do need a bit of mechanical sympathy and understanding so I'd say if you're competant with the spanners and don't mind a bit of modification as often bodywork needs cutting, brackets may need making etc then yes you can fit it yourself or there's this garage in your area who look like they would be used to this sort of thing http://www.kaizermotor.co.uk/ bear in mind that you will need supporting modifications to make the car reliabale too, larger injectors, bigger fuel pump and ECU -reflash, possibly a stronger clutch too