Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

How much to repair head gasket on jaguar xj 2011

Customer Question

hi how much to repair head gasket on jaguar xj 2011
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello you don't mention which engine this is however being as they are all Vee engines for this model ( 2.7 V6 through to 5 ltrs V8) then the repair times are all very similar the book time is 16 to 18 hours labour depending on if you're replacing 1 or 2 heads as you have to remove pretty much the same amount of parts to do 1 or 2 both heads parts are about £200 for 1 side and an additional £100 if you have to do bothso if you're happy to use a small independent garage then you'll save a lot on labour charges as they are typically £60-80 / hour compared to £150 / hour for a jagaur dealershipso a total will be as low as £1160 and could be as high as £3000 depending on if its 1 or 2 heads and what garage you use
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you