Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Can anyone tell me what the problem maybe with my VW polo diesel

Customer Question

Can anyone tell me what the problem maybe with my VW polo diesel about 8 years old. The rev counter has been has been moving up and down and when going up an incline it sounds like the engine is overacting and going into gear.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to clarify; engine running with a delay in going into gear. On the flat is much better. Please help asap
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello is this an automatic transmission or a manual ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
manual
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you received my response - manual
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Matt are you till there?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hellothis sounds like this could be the clutch slipping?if there's a 'hot' smell from under the bonnet then this is further evidence of this you can do a test by trying to pull away in 2nd or 3rd gear from a stanstilla healthy clutch shouldn't slip under this test
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you