Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Will an older type F40 Gearbox fit into a car that has had

Will an older type F40 Gearbox fit into a car that has had the newer F40 in the car is an Zafira tourer 2.0 CDTi
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with youThe F40 gearbox from an older model will fit a newer model. The Gearbox code F40 is the specific type of gearbox casing and shape. The codes that follow this e.g F40 C419 indicates the gear ratio set within the gearbox. The older model may have a different number, which means slightly different ratios but the difference is minimal. As long as it is an F40 Gearbox, it will fit. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions, if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a rating, thanks, Ross.