Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 1992 Subaru svx and the 'check engine red light

Hi,I have a 1992 Subaru svx and the 'check engine red light comes on after about ten minutes driving . I have checked the oil and water levels ples any obvious things like electrical connections etc but to no avail . The car is running like a dream . Any suggestions would be appreciated . Many thanks Barry Ray
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Barry to get the check engine light on then the quickest route to repair is to read off the fault code the two attached images show how to read off the codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt , many thanks for your reply , I'm no mechanic so I assume my local garage ( non subaru agent ) would have the equipment to read the fault codes ? Barry