Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Turn on ignition and horn sounds constantly. Have tried locking,

Turn on ignition and horn sounds constantly. Have tried locking, unlocking doors with key, remote and the door lock/unlock button. What could be wrong?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response. From what you are describing the issue that you are having is a failed clock spring, the clock spring sits behind the airbag in the drivers steering wheel. When the clock spring fails the result is the horn constantly honks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that something that i need to replace or can it be reset, if it can be rest, can that be done without taking steering wheel apart?
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No this part will need to be replaced unfortunately, the steering wheel will have to come apart to do this.