Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Got a Ford Focus ECO Boost .......Coolant pipe split and hot

Customer Question

Got a Ford Focus ECO Boost .......Coolant pipe split and hot steam came out of the bonnet. This emptied the tank so I the had car towed into the garage ...This part was a recall of which I didn't get any letter regarding this, they only change the part and filled with water. Four months later noticed coolant pipe had a slight leak of which I took to the garage. this time they did a compression test and coolant test which they said they cylinder head two was low on compression, if faulty then I would have to have a new engine.
My question is should this test been done the first time?
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed Ok do you still require Assistance with this issue I assume you are now losing coolant into the cylinders Is the vehicle still with the garage just now Is this a ford main dealer Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Hi there good morning to you How did you get on with our engine concern If you reply I can assist you further Regards Brian