Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I am a car mechanic apprentice and looking advice

Customer Question

hi i am a car mechanic apprentice and looking for some advice I have a 2004 for focus 1.6 petrol and my head lights are doing something strange when I turn them on at night they flicker and I can hear a noise inside under the glove box like a relay noise flicking on and of all the time and my battery light comes on and of at the same time as the noise so my low beam lights blew so I put new ones in the and a few minutes after I turned the lights on they blew again put the parker lights and hi beam is fine and all other lights are fine apart from glove box light and interior light is not working need help asap as I can drive home from work at night cheers
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good morning to you Ok the first thing to check here is what the alternator is charging at As commonly on the mk1 focus the alternator would overcharge ie15-16 volts causing the front light filaments to blow due to the excessive voltage spikes If you need anymore help or advice on issue please let me know If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian