Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Just bought a 2007 mini one and drove back from Newcastle to

Just bought a 2007 mini one and drove back from Newcastle to Edinburgh Last leg I tried to go over 60mph IT WONT
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'm assuming that you have no check engine or other fault lights on?If you do have a fault light then the net step should be to plug in a diagnostic tool to read off the code/s and so point directly to the issuebut this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank. If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.