Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I just bought a Skoda Fabia Comfort 1.4 8v 2001 reg SP51

Customer Question

Hi I just bought a Skoda Fabia Comfort 1.4 8v 2001 reg SP51 FWL doe this car have cam belt that needs to be changed or timing that need doing it has done 0ver 82,000 mile and I dont know service history
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like you get me an answer thanks
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Apologies for the wait this model has no cam belt that needs replacing as its fitted with a chain that should last at least 150K miles ( providing the oil change intervals are kept to) the flat auxilary drive belt that turns the alternator etc however should be replaced every 40K miles