Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a code on my saab 9-3 2.8 v6 which is P0018, have been

Customer Question

i have a code on my saab 9-3 2.8 v6 which is P0018, have been told in chains on crank shaft. and someone else saying will only be sensor. Car runs fine, but performance goes down after about 20 mins of driving. any help would be great
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have looked online, most say it is the timing of the chains., the car has full service history and very well looked after. hopefully is just a sensor. but I have no luck with cars. they say is its changing the chains, its not worth doing. thanks
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Very typical issue on this engine ,this is not a sensor fault but a bad /stretched timing chain ,bad chain tensioner . First check your oil level if low top up clear codes test drive .Oil pressure could be low mechanically check the pressure if good replace the timing chain kit complete with tensioner .Very typical issue as said on this engine (GM) Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.