Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

After my Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC had an engine replacement I have

After my Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC had an engine replacement I have EPS light coming up after driving about 5 minutes every time and I lose power steering. Switching the engine off and on resets it again for the same amount of time.
The car alternator and the battery was replaced by suggestion of the mechanic, but nothing has changed.What might be the issue? thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello EPS = electric power steering so you don't say what year this is but there's a control module for the steering that can be helped if its been programmed with the latest code and its also possible that the module may need replacing ?as an alternative you can send the module off for testing / repair as this is often cheaper than a replacement http://www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk/ http://www.bba-reman.com/uk/ EPS moduleReplacementNOTE: The EPS control unit is located in the center of the dashboard.1. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery2. Remove the driver's instrument under panel.3. Remove the motor relay, and disconnect the 4P connector.4. Remove the EPS unit, and disconnect the connectors.5. Install the EPS control unit in the reverse order of removal.6. After installation, start the engine, and let it idle. Turn the wheel from lock-to-lock several times. Check that the EPS indicator does not come on. and depending on the year then it may need calibrating with the honda diagnostic kit
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you