Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I hope you can help i owen a1.4 astra 16 v the problem

Customer Question

hi i hope you can help i owen a1.4 astra 16 v the problem is it will run sweet for half hour and then it just gos into tickover and the is no throttler control
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my mobil is *********** home num is 0151(###) ###-####thanks Tony
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if the throttle is going dead then it very likely to be a failed throttle body motor, as I've known them to fail like this as they warm upif you warm the engine so the issue occurs then remove the intake pipe so you can view the throttle butterfly and then with the ignition on and the engine off have your assistant slowly press down on the acceleratorand the throttle should open smoothly with no juddering or steps if it doesn't move or moves with a jerky movement then replace it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you possibly Phone me mat ***********
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
how else can I help ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your advice did not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unbolt in the ecu from the block ,would that stop the ecu from over heating and malfunctioning ?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello the ECU must be secured correctly, as if its left to rattle about it will shake itself to bits does the throttle move smoothly as I 've described?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have changed the throttle control and the problem has not been fixed ,I prosume the ecu would be at fault Matt
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello Tony you're correct its either the ECU or the other possibility is a failed pedal sensorthe latter is far cheaper to replace and its well worth checking the connector for corrosion too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that Matt changing the throttle control was the first thing I did ,I have ordered a ecu programmed to my car I will let you no how I get on Tony.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Tony hopefully that will sort it 1 thing I would say is its usually better to send your existing ECU off for repair to avoid any re-coding issues I can recommend these firmshttp://www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk/ http://www.bba-reman.com/uk/