Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Saab 9000 2 litre cse very heavy clutch pedal 117000 miles

Saab 9000 2 litre cse very heavy clutch pedal 117000 miles 1995
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd 1st suggest to replace the clutch hydraulic fluid completely, bleeding it out from the slave cylinder and keep topping up at the reservoir until you get fresh fluid out at the other end also check that the pedal pivot and master cylinder joints are well greased and all move freely if its still very heavy then the gearbox will have to come off to check the condition of the clutch itself however if the car hasn't been driven for a while and has sat then its possible the clutch will improve with use as it frees off so after bleeding the fluid it may be worth just driving it for 100 miles or so to see how it improves
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt, thank you for your response, I have to check this out, which will take me some days, so I cannot say that our conversation is finished, you should go ahead and process the payment of 27.00 GBP. speak to you soon, regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
no problem RonBear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you