Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

I have a 2008 Sebring cabrio limited 2.7 export model (uk) Alarm

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Sebring cabrio limited 2.7 export model (uk)
Alarm goes off randomly in middle of night
Will cancel with fob and then re arms with fob but then goes off again in a few hours
Manual locking of doors sometimes works
Any advice very few Chrysler dealers left in UK
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Okay thank you .. You most likely have a problem with one of the door switches or the bonnet /Boot light switch . If one of these switches are not closing fully the alarm system will think one is trying to get in and then sound the alarm. If your vehicle has the RKE Mopar remote start system then have your vin checked at the dealer as there is a TSB for this problem TSB 08-018-07.. you may be having this problem where a service repair kit is needed . If you don't use the FOB and just lock and unlock the doors with the key and still have the same problem then the above is not your problem . Now try the next few days just using the key and NOT the FOB. if problem is still there have the switched checked . With a dealer level scan tool you can check for malfunction codes with in the VTSS system this will help pin point the problem . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you tried manual locking with no problems last night.Will continue for rest of week and then go to a Chrysler dealer next week to checheck for mal function codes
Will let you know result
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Thank you peter .Don't forget to rate , after rating question keeps open so you can return for any further question relating to this question .No extra cost after rating . Rgds Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Even when locking manually still went off at 3 am this morning
Any conclusions from this
Having trouble locating a Chrysler service centre near to Bradford West Yorkshire who have correct software/hardware to analyse the problem. Two have told me they need to hire in?
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Okay good you have a bad switch , could be the doors switch , bonnet ,boot .A scan tool in live data will show you which one is not closing . ..Okay forget the dealers find a local shop that has the Maxidas DS708 , launch X431 which are the tool most independent shop normally carries, and these can check this out for you. Get back to me after checking . Greg