Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Remote key won't unlock doors, but can unlock them manuall

Remote key won't unlock doors, but can unlock them manually
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. Does the car still start up otherwise using the remote/key? Do you have another key to try?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car starts and have tried another key which does not work remotely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car starts manually
Have tried another key no joy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you going to answer my question
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay i was assisting someone else on here... Id say as starting point at least - to get the batteries changed within both remotes..if the batteries are low then the signal from the key to the reciever in the car will be weak..hence why you need to open the doors manually..most motor factors can supply these batteries and test the key signal if they have the equipment of course,thats normally what has to be done in all cases such like this to rule it out...because the car starts proves the transponder is fine...maybe check also the central locking fuses just to be sure none have blown.on the drivers side fuse panel check fuse 6 (5amp) and 14 (10amp)..but as above you need to have the batteries checked/replaced and signal checked from the keys work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does my skoda have a fuse board
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Should be on the end of the dashboard on the drivers side..you'll see a panel when the doors fully open on the end of the dash - the fuse panel should be behind that..your owners manual will have diagrams to help..if they seem to ok then batteries in the keys is next followed by if you can find someone with VAG.com diagnostics ..that should tell you which door is faulty as these cars can tend to have issue with suffer from door lock mechanism failing due to water ingress causing central loking issues