Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

Run ok hot but cold rubbish

Customer Question

run ok hot but cold rubbish
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
hi you don't say what enigne size this is but whats worth trying is checking for a faulty water temp sensor. If this is the problem then the ECU will be leaving the car constantly ' on choke' and not controlling the fuelling as the engine warms - so unplug the sensor and clean the contacts on both sides with some switch / electrical cleaner (not WD40) and inspect the wiring for any signs of damage to the insulation especially where it runs over other components and through the bulkhead- if this doesn't help consider replacing the sensor as they're not expensive
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you