Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 2011 Skoda 2.lt Superb AUTO.when I am driving Urban

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Skoda 2.lt Superb AUTO.when I am driving Urban speeds say between 50 and 70 KM my Auto change stays in 5th gear and unless I boot it to 80 it wont change up to 6th speed gear,my garage tells me there is nothing wrong but I think it should go into 6th on a straight normal road doing 70kmph,what do you think.
George
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 8 months ago.
Hello George,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello George,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi I would like an Answer on this please, as I have not been able to find someone who can tell me.
And at the same Time the 28 Euros I paid is that a one of Payment and it wont carry on every month, As I am not a Workshop or a Mechanic ,please tell me.Many Thanks George
Hello George,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Hello George,
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Its not worth Switching to Call if you haven't found the Answer to my First Question, Another 18 euros for a call you should make to me.I am not a mechanic and I want my Dealer to know what you think of my problem so they can fix the Auto change,
Wait an answer please,Thanks
George
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Hi . Just a quick question .Do you have any malfunction warning lights ON when the engine is running .Greg
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Greg,No warning lights. I can Manually shift the gear to 6th but between 70 and 80 it wont change up.
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Ask the dealer if there is a TSB for this issue as i'm thinking that the Transmission control unit may need reflashing reprogramming . Greg
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.
Hi did you check out if your car needed the trans up date program as depending on your build date and Vin number you car will need the update program for the transmission .There has been issue with the TPS that was nor programmed for correct shifting points . Rgds Greg