Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

Skoda Fabian tectonic 1.6 petrol..central locking clicking

Skoda Fabian tectonic 1.6 petrol..central locking clicking when driving ,alarm going off after 4-6 hours after setting ...intermittently in both cases battery fitted but still same faults keep occurring...please help...
Category: Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Hi . Good morning . This is a typical issue when one of the front doors locking actuators fail .What happens is when you lock or unlock the doors the actuator is not fully extending or retracting so the control box for the central locking is not getting the information and is getting confused, so it will try re locking or opening the doors.Most common to fail is the drivers door actuator .When you lock the doors and the alarm is active and then later one actuator is not closing fully the alarm system thinks someone is opening the doors and sets off the alarm.Your local service repair shop should have a diagnostic scan tool and be able to check in live data which actuator is at fault .. Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech