Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 2000 Suzuki ignis the other day the wipers stopped

Hi I have a 2000 Suzuki ignis the other day the wipers stopped working. I changed the fused. after driving for a couple of minutes I hear the fuse blows again can you help please
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
You will have to check the wiper motor this is probably draining way to much amps and causing the fuse to blow.Disconnect the wiper motor connector and switch on the wiper wait and see if the fuse blows again .If the fuse blows you have a short in the wiring from the switch to the motor , if fuse stays good replace the wiper motor.Typical issue is the wiper arms and links that are stiff and cause the motor to overwork ,disconnect the arm from the motor and check this is moving freely by hand . an resistance in arm parts replace also . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will find out tomorrow booked in with the local garage
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Good , Please let me know if you still need assistance . Greg