Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

There i own a honda crv1 se 5 door estate 2000 just recently

hi there i own a honda crv1 se 5 door estate 2000 just recently whenever i either turn left or right i get a clonking noise if i drive slowly like into parking space the car tries to stall and seems to seize up i dont know whether its front or rear
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi . Two possible issues . \One i would say have the CV joints rechecked ,Put the car on a lift and select 1st gear and drive .turn the steering wheel left and right and try and reproduce the clonking . Second the IAC / throttle body could be dirty and causing you the near stalling . If the check engine light is "ON" then check for malfunction codes this will greatly help in the diagnostics . We see a lot of clonking coming from the rear prop shaft but this normally clonks when driving straight lineand to check this just remove the prop shaft and test drive if this is the problem then you will need to replace as this is not serviceable, meaning the U joints can not be replaced , If you do find malfunction codes then please gather codes and let me know what they are so i can further advise.. Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had the cv joints rechecked second time only warning light on is a picture of the car with boot lid open havent got a handbook so cant check
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
That will be the switch in the rear door that is not closing fully have one push the door in with little pressure and see if this light goes out. if the light does go out adjust the door lock . if stays on you will need to remove the door inner cover and check the latch ,this has a wire to the switch in the latch remove and check the connections most cases rust is the issue and needs replacing .Remove the prop shaft and test drive ,As said lift the car with all wheel off the ground up and test to reproduce the clonking so you can locate where this clonking is coming from .could be the transfer case Differential.. Rgds Greg
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and please get back to me if still having issue .There will be no further cost for getting back to me . Kind regards Greg