Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Mazda 6 2.2d (2010) and have been told my timing chain

I have a Mazda 6 2.2d (2010) and have been told my timing chain has stretched to 12.48. I have an independent garage quote for around £600. After replacing the timing chain, does the ECU to be reset to allow it to calculate a new measurement?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. It shouldnt need reset - its likely due to chain wear the ecu has seen the cams/crank out of sync or a coloration issue and sometimes this is what is logged as fault codes related to crank/cam sensor to appear or even poor starting or running of course aswell as chain noise --once the new chain /guides/tensioner as well as include the oil pump chain..and the engine set up properly as per timing chain alignment then the ecu shouldn't see any faults nor need to calculate new measurements.. I do hope this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect thank you! I have the chain alignment from a previous answer on here so will give that to the garage as well!