Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have 04\05 1.8 mistral mondeo 90k can engage all gears but

i have 04\05 1.8 mistral mondeo 90k can engage all gears but have no drive in any gear?
no weird noises any ideas please
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd say either your clutch is broken or you have a broken driveshaft 1st thing to try is to have your assistant put the car into gear and with the engine running slowly let out the clutch while you look under the car so you can see both drive shafts if you have 1 spinning away and the other stationary, then the driveshaft coupling is most likely broken internally on the stationary side if neither shaft is turning then its very likely the clutch has failed or the gearbox is broken internally both of these will require the box to be removed from the vehicle to 1st inspect the clutch and possibly rebuild / replace the gearbox
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you