Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I'm french, (my english is little), it's a MASTER RENAULT,

Customer Question

I'm french, (my english is little), it's a MASTER RENAULT, the car not start
Category: Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hello If the car's not cranking then first check it can turned over by hand so double checking for any mechanical issues If OK then check that the main battery cables are on tight and the terminals are clean and bright. Do the same for the engine / gearbox earth strap.Then follow the main positive lead back to the engine and down to the starter motor, and check the connection at this end as well.There should also be a small wire to the motor which should have 12V when you're turning the ignition switch to crank. If the 12V isn't there, check back along this wire for damage to the insulation or corroded connections This 12V feed comes directly from the ignition switch so this may be faulty and need replacing Check the resistance of the main positive lead that runs down to the motor as anything more than a few ohms and it should be replacedDon't forget to try a jump start from another car / battery as its possible the battery is poor, if you have a voltmeter a healthy battery should read 12.7+V also try substituting the battery for another as I've known a very flat battery to drag down the system voltage too far even with jump cablesone other thing to consider is that the immobiliser is faulty and preventing the starter from being enabled - however if the dash / ignition lights are on then this usually means that its offIf this is all OK then its possible the car needs a new starter motor
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a very bad service, the first question was: error code P0002
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
hello ok that fault code wasn't mentioned before ? however the P0002 is an OBDII generic code, but almost none of the vehicle manufactures use it. If you are getting this code, make sure you are using the correct OBDII code scanner for your vehicle's make and model. it may refer to the fuel pressure so check Fuel Supply pressure with a mechanical gauge