Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 2005 (05) xtrail 2.2 diesel,mileage 95000,loses power about

My 2005 (05) xtrail 2.2 diesel,mileage 95000,loses power about once every 100 miles.I
switch off the engine,wait a few seconds, then restart and drive off with no problems.I did misfuel about four months ago.Have changed fuel filter.
Readings - P0089/P1273 Fuel high pressure pump 38/50.664-65 pressure regulator 330.
P0234 turbo rate gate solenoid.
What does all this mean please,and what is the likely cost of repair?
REGARDS
rICHARD pOULTON
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd say that those codes point to a lack of fuel pressure ?as you've already replaced the fuel filter then the next step is to measure the high pressure at the fuel rail this can be done by any diesel injection specialist if this is low then its quite possible that the main high pressure pump will have to be replacedsorry to say that this isn't a cheap part ( typically £600-800) to replace and its about 2 hours to fit regarding the solenoid fault then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was promised a response in 8 minutes,.I have now been waiting 2 hours.Please indicate if you are now in a position to respond.If not,please refund my £26 and cancel my subscription
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks or the prompt response!
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
no problemif you need more information , or have more to provide then just get back to me on this post