Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Isuzu Rodeo Denver Max 3.0 auto 2005. Last few time out has

Customer Question

Isuzu Rodeo Denver Max 3.0 auto 2005. Last few time out has found "neutral" gears, particularly when cold. Now no drive through the gearbox. Could it be the torque converter or gearbox at fault? How would I know which?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi . Sorry you are having issue with your transmission . But first if not already checked please check the transmission fluid level and condition ,this will give us an insight of what may the problem be.First with a warm engine check the level of the fluid .if low top off and test drive. If good then check condition if black and dirty then internal malfunction and this is you problem .you will need a complete trans O/H or replacement. If fluid is good and clean and transparent red to light brown then all is good . Noe you need a good diagnostic scan tool to check for transmission malfunction codes . The malfunction code will point you in the right direction id Converter or just a input or output speed sensor which is the most common issue for you problem.Malfunction code will confirm this .Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed. Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.